Notice to our valued clients from The Station Fitness Studio:
COVID-19 spreads from person to person, most commonly through respiratory droplets (e.g., generated by coughing, sneezing, laughing or talking) during close interactions (i.e., within 2 metres). COVID-19 can be spread by infected individuals who have mild symptoms, or who have not yet or who may never develop symptoms.
Below are some of the additional precautionary steps, being taken by The Station Fitness Studio and all affiliated Trainers. Your health and safety remain our highest priority and we are all doing our part to mitigate the risks.
The Station will be:
• Adopting a contact-less business model.
• Promoting physical distancing (i.e., keeping a distance of 2 metres from others), which is one of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of illness.
• Posting signage reminding Trainers and clients to stay 2 meters apart.
• Posting signage reminding clients about the necessity for handwashing and proper handwashing procedures.
• Limiting the number of participants in sessions as directed by public health officials. Group sessions will not be permitted inside the facility but may occur outside the facility where social distancing can be maintained.
• Controlling the number of people allowed into the facility at any one time by implementing a scheduling/booking system for the Trainers to use to book client sessions. 12 people total (6 Trainers + 6 clients) will be the maximum occupancy at any given time. This is to ensure there is sufficient space to allow everyone to remain two meters
• Increasing access to hand sanitizer dispensers and ensuring there will be hand sanitization available in the entrance and exit.
• Recommending clients to come fully ready and prepared for their session. This includes bringing your own water bottle and towel, and coming dressed in the clothing you will be wearing for your session. Outdoor footwear can be left in the inside lobby area where physical distancing can be maintained.
• Requiring clients to only consume their own water and refreshments.
• Implementing additional cleaning protocols to ensure washrooms are cleaned frequently and are consistently supplied with hand soap, paper towels, toilet paper and no-touch waste receptacles. Trainers will perform routine sanitization after every use on high touch items such as door handles, faucets, light switches and toilet flush handles.
• Posting washroom cleaning logs.
• Prohibiting access to high touch surface areas, water cooler, lockers and lobby area couch. These items/areas will be marked off or removed from the facility.
• Implementing additional cleaning protocols for the facility, including performing routine sanitization of other studio high touch items such as door handles, light switches, lobby chairs; cleaning carpets daily.
• Maintaining a facility cleaning log which can be made available upon request.
• Requiring Trainers to wear a mask at all times within the facility. Clients are welcome to wear a mask if they prefer to do so.
• Cleaning and sanitizing all equipment supplied by The Station before and after each activity. Equipment will be assigned to individuals only. Items may not be shared unless sharing is amongst members of the same household.
• Implementing a double-sanitization procedure whereby the client must use a disinfectant wipe to clean their equipment after use and the Trainer will then use an additional pre-mixed solution to clean and disinfect the equipment before it is used by anyone else.
• Removing hard to clean equipment such as rollers, yoga blocks, straps, ropes, boxing gloves etc. from usage.
• Removing some equipment from the facility in order to space equipment for social distancing.
• Implementing a one-way in/one-way out protocol to avoid a bottleneck in our entrance. The main door of The Station will be used as an entry only and we will utilize the back door as the exit.
• Adding directional floor markers to assist with traffic flow.
• Permitting only one person in the office at a time. Consultations will be done outside the studio or by phone, Zoom etc. Clients will have to report their own measurements.
• Implementing an Active Case and Contact Tracing protocol: The Station will close immediately in the event of a known active case of COVID-19 pertaining to The Station. To facilitate contact tracing the Station will keep a logbook of all attending clients and Trainers.
• Requiring all clients and Trainers to complete and abide by the Screening Disclaimer, and Liability Waiver which will be provided by your Trainer in a separate document(s).
• Requiring all Trainers to check their temperature each day before working. Trainers who feel unwell are expected to
stay home and follow guidance from public health officials.
• Encouraging clients to show up no earlier than 5 minutes before their workout, conduct their session and exit the facility without unnecessary delay.